- The gallbladder is one of the most essential organs in the body.
- There are ways to keep it healthy in order to prevent gallstones and polyps.
The gallbladder is a pear-shaped organ under the liver which measures around four inches. This organ stores the bile which is the cholesterol, fats, and fluids combined. The bile helps in breaking down the fats from the foods in the intestine. The gallbladder is the one responsible for delivering the bile into your small intestine which then allows the nutrients & fat-soluble vitamins to be absorbed much easier into your bloodstream.
The gallbladder plays an important role in the body and small as it may seem, it should be given utmost care. As it has always been said, preventing the onset of a disease is much better than finding a cure for it.
These are the bad fats or the hydrogenated trans fats and the refined polyunsaturated vegetable oils which people think as safe to eat. These include; canola, grapeseed, corn, safflower, soy, cottonseed, peanut, and sunflower. Deep frying your food will definitely harm your gallbladder. You can just stick to the good fats such as eggs, fish, coconut, flax and extra virgin oil.
These, together with the bad fats are where inflammation and free radicals come from. This can have a very bad effect to your gallbladder because of the effect of cholesterol.
This, being unhealthy for your entire health will surely take a toll on the gallbladder too.
Too much caffeine can have ill-effects on your gallbladder. If you are experiencing problems with your gallbladder, stop taking anything with caffeine.
This is something everyone knows already and yet, the drinkers can’t stop from doing so. Alcohol is not only bad for the liver, lungs or heart. It also harms the gallbladder.
Now that you know the risk factors, it will greatly help to know how to take care of your gallbladder. The first step here is to make a lifestyle change. These are the foods that will keep your gallbladder healthy.
- Lemon, Ginger & Beets – These are good foods because they help in keeping the bile healthy.
- Fresh Vegetables & Fruits – As you all know, vegetables and fruits have always been very good for the health.
- Whole Grains – This includes brown rice, bran cereal, oats, and whole wheat bread
- Fish, Poultry and Lean Meat – These are the foods that can be very beneficial to one’s health when taken as organic
- Dairy Products
- Low-fat dairies are also beneficial for the gallbladder.
On the other hand, these are the foods that you should avoid or limit;
- Fried foods
- vegetable oil and peanut oil
- bread and pasta
- Processed foods
- Red and fatty meat