October 1, around 8pm, gunfire rained down at a concert attended by around 40,000 people.
The assailant was seen firing from the 32nd floor of the Mandalay Bay Resort and Casino.
Witnesses and concertgoers described the scene as a total “chaos and pandemonium” as they flee in panic and run for their lives as the shots continued.
Here’s what we know about this horrific mass murder:
- More than 50 people were murdered, others are in critical condition and are still fighting for their lives and more than 400 people injured.
- Police authorities identified the shooter as Stephen Paddock, 64. He took his own life in the hotel room from where he fired multiple rounds at the concertgoers at the Route 91Harvest Country Music Festival.
- Several rifles and other weapons were found in his room.
- The shooter, according to authorities has a companion, Marilou Danley, a Filipina, who also happens to be a high-limits hostess at the casino.
- She has already been located after a public hunt was launched. She was also identified as the gunman’s live in companion in Mesquite, Nevada.
- It is not clear yet if the woman is an accomplice or just an innocent companion.
- The motive of the shootings, as well as the source of weapons used is also unclear at the moment.
Latest development: Updated 1:37PM, October 2, 2017
Marilou Danley is no longer a person of interest according to Las Vegas Metropolitan Police Department.