- A new “flavor” was added to the Miss World Philippines 2017. It gave a new touch to the beauty pageant this year.
- The “Fast Track” competition was added this year which was one of the highlights of the prestigious beauty pageant.
- The performance of the candidates was also judged based on this new kind of competition.
This award was not what you can call a minor award because every point on that competition counts thus making it a vital part in winning the crown.
Candidate No. 3, Glyssa Perez emerged the winner in the Sports Challenge which was held last August 17 at the Victoria Sports Complex.
The Miss World Philippines 2017 candidates went through several sports activities that challenged their physical capabilities.
The other Sports Challenge finalists;
- Veronica Villones
- Ethel Abellanosa
- Nikki Daveza
- Cynthia Tomalla
- Joana Rabe
- Shawntel Micole Cruz
Cynthia Thomalla, Candidate No. 32 bagged the Top Model Award.
There was a pre-pageant for the said category last August 21 was held at the Zalora Fashion Show in Uptown Bonifacio Mall in BGC.
The other Top Model finalists;
Ella Elveren Lubag
Winwyn Marquez, Candidate No. 9 bagged the Beach Beauty Award.
The candidates for the Miss World Philippines 2017 showed off their best form in this category last August 21 at the Savoy Hotel.
The other Beach Beauty finalists;
Winwyn Marquez topped this category among all the other talented finalists.
The Talent Competition was held last August 31 at the New World Hotel in Makati City.
The other Talent Competition finalists;
Sheila Marie Reyes
Ella Elveren Lubag
Kaycie Lyn Fajardo
Shawntel Nicole Cruz
Laura Lehmann, Candidate No. 15 bagged the Multimedia award among 6 finalists.
The Other Multimedia Finalists;
- The PEARL of the ORIENT Crown of Miss World Philippines – A Breathtaking Sight to Behold.
- Miss Thailand and Miss Philippines: Are They Long Lost Sisters?