- Angel Locsin is a famous actress who had great leading roles, such as becoming Darna and the lead character in The General’s Daughter
- Angel was reported to have donated a total of P1 million as her way to give help to the victims of the earthquake in Mindanao, as well as providing help for the people that were affected by what happened in Marawi
- Angel was recently recognized by Forbes Magazine in their “Heroes of Philantrophy” list because of these acts
Manila, Philippines – Anyone who has been following the local show business scene will not be able to miss Angel Locsin, as Angel is one of the most popular actresses to date, and with one of her recent acts of kindness, she was recognized for it on a different level.
Angel first started her career back in 2002 in the show Click in GMA 7, playing the part of Charley, a tomboyish girl of the group. What led to her rise in stardom was when she landed the role of Alwina in the TV series Mulawin, and being able to step in the shoes of the Pinoy superhero Darna. After that, she has been the lead actress for most of the TV shows that she was part of, in both TV stations that she was part of, with her recent role as Rhian Bonifacio in The General’s Daughter.
Recently, after a massive earthquake hit parts of Mindanao, Angel, with her fiancé Neil Arce, joined the Philippine Red Cross in providing relief to the victims. She was also spotted buying additional supplies that she will be giving out to them. It was also reported that she has donated a total of P1 million to the relief efforts.
With Forbes Magazine’s yearly Heroes of Philantrophy list, they have recognized and included Angel Locsin this year because of this act. They have also included her other acts from past years, like giving help to those affected by the military activities at Marawi, as well as providing as much as P15 million for different causes like scholarships, women and children rights, among other things.
In the same list by Forbes, Angel Locsin is one of two Filipinos; Hans Sy of SM Prime is the second one, noted for his donations to Child Haus, which provides help to children with cancer.
- “The General’s Daughter” and “Ngayon at Kailanman” from ABS-CBN to Air in Myanmar
- Angel Locsin Shares Pictures of Last Taping of The General’s Daughter