Walang Pasok: Class suspensions on September 26 due to Super Typhoon Karding
Table of Contents
- Karding is now a Super Typhoon after a period of explosive intensification.
- Tomorrow early morning through the early afternoon: Heavy to intense with torrential rains over Zambales, Bataan, Pampanga, and Bulacan. Moderate to heavy with intense rains in Metro Manila, Pangasinan, Cavite, Occidental Mindoro, and the rest of Central Luzon. Light to moderate with heavy rains over Mountain Province, Ifugao, Benguet, Quirino, Nueva Vizcaya, Oriental Mindoro, and the rest of CALABARZON.
- Classes continue to be suspended for some affected areas in the country.
Super Typhoon “Karding” continues to maintain strength, and it may bring heavy rainfall Tomorrow early morning through early Monday afternoon. Plenty of establishments are expected to close due to the storm, and classes may be suspended in affected areas.
Walang Pasok: Class suspensions on Monday, September 26, 2022
Here is a list of places where classes are suspended, along with which levels, coming from another report posted on Twitter and Facebook by respective LGU’s:
- Rizal Province – all levels, public and private
- Caloocan City: all levels, public and private
- Manila: all levels, public and private, face-to-face and online
- Marikina City: all levels, public and private
- Muntinlupa City: all levels, public and private
- Pateros: all levels, public and private
- Taguig City: all levels, public and private
- Tarlac City: all levels, public and private
- Ateneo de Manila University: all levels in all campuses
Forecast Weather Conditions Issued at 4:00 AM, 25 September 2022
|Place||Weather Condition||Caused By||Impacts|
|Metro Manila, Central Luzon, CALABARZON, Camarines Norte, Camarines Sur, Catanduanes, Isabela, Quirino, and Nueva Vizcaya||Stormy||TY KARDING||Possible flash floods or landslides due to heavy to intense with at times torrential rains. Moderate to a significant threat to lives and properties due to gale-force to storm-force winds|
|Ilocos Region, Cordillera Administrative Region, the rest of Cagayan Valley, the rest of Bicol Region, Occidental Mindoro, Oriental Mindoro, and Marinduque||Rains with Gusty winds||TY KARDING||Possible flash floods or landslides due to moderate to heavy with at times intense rains. Minimal to a minor threat to lives and properties due to strong winds|
|Visayas and the rest of MIMAROPA||Cloudy skies with scattered rainshowers and thunderstorms||Southwest Monsoon / Trough of TY Karding||Possible flash floods or landslides due to moderate to at times heavy rains|
|Mindanao||Partly cloudy to cloudy skies with isolated rainshowers or thunderstorms||Localized Thunderstorms||Possible flash floods or landslides during severe thunderstorms|
Super Typhoon “Karding” Issued at 08:00 am, 25 September 2022
(Valid for broadcast until the next advisory to be issued at 11:00 AM today)
“KARDING” REACHES SUPER TYPHOON CATEGORY AFTER A PERIOD OF EXPLOSIVE INTENSIFICATION
- HAZARDS AFFECTING LAND AREAS
- Heavy Rainfall
- This morning through early afternoon: Moderate to heavy rains over Isabela, Polillo Islands, Catanduanes, Camarines Norte, Camarines Sur, and Isabela. Light to moderate with at times heavy rains over mainland Cagayan, Quirino, Nueva Vizcaya, Aurora, Quezon, Marinduque, Romblon, and the rest of Bicol Region.
- This early afternoon through tomorrow early morning: Heavy to intense with at times torrential rains over Metro Manila, Zambales, Bataan, Tarlac, Pampanga, Nueva Ecija, Bulacan, Aurora, Rizal, and the northern portion of Quezon including Polillo Islands. Moderate to heavy with at times intense rains over Isabela, Nueva Vizcaya, Quirino, Benguet, Ifugao, Mountain Province, Pangasinan, Cavite, Laguna, the central portion of Quezon, and Camarines Norte. Light to moderate with at times heavy rains over Mindoro Provinces, Marinduque, and the rest of CALABARZON and Bicol Region.
- Tomorrow early morning through early afternoon: Heavy to intense with at times torrential rains over Zambales, Bataan, Pampanga, and Bulacan. Moderate to heavy with at times intense rains Metro Manila, Pangasinan, Cavite, Occidental Mindoro, and the rest of Central Luzon. Light to moderate with at times heavy rains over Mountain Province, Ifugao, Benguet, Quirino, Nueva Vizcaya, Oriental Mindoro, and the rest of CALABARZON.
- Under these conditions, scattered to widespread flooding and rain-induced landslides are expected, especially in areas that are highly or very highly susceptible to these hazards as identified in hazard maps and in localities with significant antecedent rainfall.
- Due to the Southwest Monsoon enhanced by KARDING, occasional monsoon rains are also possible over the Visayas and the rest of Southern Luzon, especially in their western sections. For more information, refer to the 24-Hour Public Weather Forecast issued at 4:00 AM today. Furthermore, the issuance of a Weather Advisory for the Southwest Monsoon is not ruled out.
- The hoisting of Wind Signal No. 5 is increasingly likely.
- In anticipation of the potential onset of typhoon-force winds, Wind Signal No. 4 will be hoisted in the next bulletin.
- During the passage of KARDING, winds may reach storm-force in strength within any of the areas where Wind Signal No. 3 is hoisted, while winds may reach gale-force in strength within any of the areas where Wind Signal no.2 is hoisted. Strong winds (a strong breeze to near gale strength) will be experienced within any of the areas where Wind Signal No. 1 is currently in effect.
- Severe Winds
- Wind Signal No. 5 will be the highest wind signal that will be hoisted throughout the passage.
- During the passage of KARDING, areas under Wind Signal No. 4 will experience winds peaking at typhoon-force strength, while winds may reach storm-force in strength within any of the areas where Wind Signal No. 3 is hoisted. Gale-force conditions are likely any of the areas where Wind Signal no.2 is hoisted, while strong winds (strong breeze to near gale strength) will be experienced within any of the areas where Wind Signal No. 1 is currently in effect.
- Coastal Inundation
- There is a high to very high risk of storm surge in the low-lying and exposed coastal areas of northern Quezon including Polillo Islands and the central and southern portions of Aurora. In addition, a moderate to high risk of storm surge is also possible over Camarines Norte, Pangasinan, Zambales, Bulacan, the northern portion of Metro Manila, the southern portion of La Union, and the rest of Aurora and Quezon. The combined effects of storm surge and high waves breaking along the coast may cause life-threatening and damaging inundation or flooding.
- HAZARDS AFFECTING COASTAL WATERS
- Under the influence of KARDING, a marine gale warning remains in effect over the eastern and western seaboards of Luzon. For more information, refer to Gale Warning #3 issued at 5:00 AM.
- In the next 24 hours, KARDING and the enhanced Southwest Monsoon will also bring moderate to rough seas over the northern and western seaboards of Luzon that are not under any gale warning (1.5 to 3.5 m) and the western seaboard of Visayas (1.2 to 2.5 m). These conditions may be risky for those using small seacrafts. Mariners are advised to take precautionary measures when venturing out to sea and, if possible, avoid navigating in these conditions.
- TRACK AND INTENSITY OUTLOOK
- Super Typhoon KARDING is forecast to track generally west southwestward or westward in the next 6 to 12 hours, then westward or northwestward for the remainder of the day. On the forecast track, KARDING will likely make landfall in the vicinity of the northern portion of Quezon or the southern portion of Aurora tonight. The possibility of an earlier (afternoon) landfall or close approach in the vicinity of Polillo Islands is not ruled out.
- For the remainder of this evening post-landfall through tomorrow early morning, KARDING will traverse the landmass of Central Luzon and emerge over the West Philippine Sea via the coastal waters of Zambales or Pangasinan. The typhoon will then continue tracking generally westward over the West Philippine Sea for the remainder of the forecast period.
- KARDING reached super typhoon category at 5:00 AM today after a period of explosive intensification of 90 km/h in 24 hours. It is forecast to continue intensifying and may make landfall at or near a peak intensity of 185-205 km/h. Frictional effects during landfall and traverse of the Luzon landmass will weaken KARDING throughout the evening through tomorrow early morning, although it is highly likely that this tropical cyclone will remain a typhoon while crossing the landmass.
This is a developing story; please bookmark and visit this website or refresh the page regularly for further Walang Pasok updates and Class Suspension Announcements.
Want more stories like this? Follow us on Facebook, and Twitter.
Read: First Filipino to win a Grand Slam Title: Alex Eala wins the US OPEN 2022 Girl’s Title