- The Civil Aviation Authority of the Philippines has released a memorandum where all students will be exempted to pay the airport terminal fee starting August 1, 2019
- The exemption will start from August 1 and will have a span of one year
- Those that are valid would need to fill up a form and apply for the exception at any Malasakit Centers at airports to avail of it
People like to travel. The thought of visiting different places excites everyone and the trip to get there is only half the fun. This is also regardless of method of travel, whether it is via a privately-owned vehicle, a bus, or in some cases, via air travel.
A good news was announced recently for students that would need to travel. From an article written by The Inquirer, starting August 1, all students will be exempted to pay the airport terminal fee if they need to travel via airplane.
The announcement was made by the Civil Aviation Authority of the Philippines via a memorandum that they released on July 26, 2019.
Typically, travelers would need to pay an airport terminal fee, which can cost up to P750, or roughly $17, and this is for Ninoy Aquino International Airport.
Through this new memorandum, all students will be exempted to pay the said fee. They defined a student to be from Nursery/Kindergarten up to those that are studying in vocational schools and training centers. Those that are in driving schools or any other short-term courses are not included.
If a student wants to take advantage of this exemption, they will need to apply for a student exemption certificate at a Malasakit Help Desk, and these are usually located within airports. The help desks will also serve as a refund counter until all airlines are able to process the exemption.
A student would need to provide their school ID or school registration form as a requirement in applying for the exemption.
Want more travel related stories like this? Follow us on Facebook, and Twitter.
- Airport Fees in the Philippines: Everything You Need to Know
- List of Philippine Passport Requirements for Minors 2019