Passport Requirements For Minors: Everything you need to know
Are you planning to go abroad with your child? The first thing you have to do is to get your child their own passport.
If you are currently in search of the list of passport requirements for minors, well, we got you covered. Below are the requirements that you must prepare as soon as possible.
Core Requirements: What are the requirements for passport for a child or Minors below 18 years old?
- The first thing that you have to do is to set for an online appointment. Head on over to the website of the Department of Foreign Affairs for the online appointment. Now, if your child is 7 years old and below, good news is you need not have an online appointment. You can opt for the courtesy lane instead.
- You have to accomplish the needed application form.
- The minor applicant has to go through a personal appearance along with a parent or an authorized adult companion.
- You need to prepare for their Philippine Statistics Authority (PSA) Birth Certificate.
- If only one parent is accompanying the child, a marriage certificate is needed.
- If the PSA Birth Certificate of the minor is not clear, a Local Civil Registrar Copy may be needed.
- Prepare an Affidavit of Support and/or Consent executed by the mother of the child if parents are not married and if she is not accompanying the minor.
- If the said affidavit is executed abroad by the mother, it is a necessity that it is authenticated by the Consulate or Philippine Embassy.
- Valid Government Issued ID or Passport of one of the parents with 1 photocopy
- If applicable, the minor has to provide their school ID.
Apart from the above-mentioned documents, the following supporting documents are needed in the cases discussed below:
If the minor has NO PSA Birth Certificate / Report of Birth yet, the applicant has to show the PSA authenticated Certified True Copy of Local Civil Registrar (LCR) Birth Certificate (if born in the Philippines). An original copy of Report of Birth or first endorsement from Consular Records Division is required if born abroad.
There you have it: The list of passport requirements for minors. To ensure a smooth process, make sure to have the documents prepared before heading to the Department of Foreign Affairs office near you.
For more information, check out this link: https://consular.dfa.gov.ph/
- Taiwan to extend visa-free program for Filipinos
- Here Are Guidelines on the Entry of Temporary Visitors to the Philippines
Want more stories like this? Follow us on Facebook, and Twitter.