- The SM Foundation has been supporting students with their scholarship program for the past two decades
- The foundation is once again open in accepting applications for their College Scholarship
- The application period is open from October 15 until December 31, 2019
Manila, Philippines – One of the biggest shopping center chains in the Philippines is the SM Supermalls. Going from North to South, and including branches in other places such as Baguio, Cebu, and Davao, they are open to serve their customers as “they got it all for you.”
With that, they also have the SM Foundation. Founded back in 1983, their mission is to provide assistance to Filipinos by working together with communities and such as they want to fulfill their vision of a country that has everyone given the chance of self-improvement and a sustained environment that can be enjoyed by future generations.
For more than two decades, the SM Foundation also has their College Scholarship program, given to deserving individuals who may then help lift their family out of poverty.
The SM Foundation has announced that applications are once again open for their College Scholarship through their Facebook page.
SM College Scholars can enjoy the following:
- Choice of specialization in accounting, information technology, engineering, or education
- Full tuition coverage
- A monthly allowance
- Scholars will be given part-time jobs during semestral and Christmas breaks
- Job offers in the SM Group of Companies after graduation
For one to qualify for the College Scholarship, the applicant must have the following:
- A high school graduate in covered areas for public schools. For those that attended a private school, they must have a DepEd voucher and must be included in the covered areas
- General weighted average grade of at least 88% or its equivalent for those in Grade 12
- Total household income of P150,000 a year at most
The areas covered are as follows:
- NCR, Albay, Bataan, Batangas, Benguet, Bulacan, Cagayan, Camarines Norte, Camarines Sur, Cavite, Isabela, Laguna, Nueva Ecija, Palawan, Pampanga, Pangasinan, Sorsogon, Quezon, Rizal, Tarlac, Zambales
- Capiz, Cebu, Iloilo, Leyte, Negros Occidental
- Agusan del Norte, Davao del Sur, Misamis Oriental, South Cotabato, Zamboanga del Sur
If you want to become a College Scholar, you’ll just need to do the following:
- Go through their online application by visiting https://scholarship.sm-foundation.org/ and then click on the STUDENT tab and fill up the form that will be given to you.
- Once you have submitted your application, confirm it by logging into the website once again and confirm the online application within seven days.
- Wait for a confirmation email on whether you have passed or if your application was denied.
- You will be given the information regarding an examination 15 days after you received an email to notify you that you are qualified. Exam results are given the same day of the exam and a short interview will follow.
- A house visit from the SM Foundation will be expected as well
- Once all the steps are completed, the foundation will then need to confirm the course and school of your choosing.
- You will receive one more email as notification regarding orientation and contract signing.
For those that would want to try applying for the scholarship, here are the available courses:
- BS in Computer Science
- BS in Information Technology
- BS in Electronics and Communications Engineering / BS in Electronics Engineering
- BS in Computer Engineering
- BS in Civil Engineering
- BS Mechanical Engineering
- BS in Electrical Engineering
- BS in Elementary Education
- BS in Secondary Education major in Biology, Chemistry, General Sciences, Physics, Mathematics, English
- BS in Accountancy
- BS in Accounting Technology
- BS in Accounting Information Systems
- BS in Internal Auditing
- BS in Financial Management
- BS in Management Accounting
It must be noted as well that for the SM Foundation College Scholarship, walk-in applicants will not be accepted.
Application is open from October 15 until December 31, 2019.
- Space Technology Is Becoming an Available Course and DOST is Asking Students to Consider It
- Law Establishing the Philippine Space Agency Has Been Signed By the President