- Malacañang has announced that June 17 will be a special holiday for certain areas in the Philippines
- Walang Pasok: The areas mentioned included Cebu, Negros Oriental, and Compostela Valley
- They have also declared June 15 a holiday for Angeles City, Pampanga, and General Santos City a few days prior
Manila, Philippines – Malacañang has declared that this coming Monday, June 17, 2019, will be a special non-working holiday, but don’t get your expectations up immediately as it only affects certain parts of the Philippines.
The declared special holiday would only affect these places: Lapu-Lapu City in Cebu, Bindoy in Negros Oriental, and Maco, Compostela Valley.
- Proclamation No. 737 states that June 17 is a special non-working holiday for residents of Lapu-Lapu City in Cebu. This is to celebrate their 58th Charter Anniversary.
- Proclamation No. 738 states that June 17 is a special non-working holiday for the ones in Bindoy in Negros Oriental. This is to celebrate the municipality’s 70th Charter Anniversary.
- Proclamation No. 739 states that June 17 is a special non-working holiday for those in Maco, Compostela Valley. This time, it is to celebrate their 52nd founding anniversary.
If a day is declared a special non-working holiday in the Philippines, classes are usually suspended on that day, as well as work for most offices. If an establishment needs to have people working on that day, an additional 30% of what they will earn just for that day will be added on top of what they will be earning.
June 15 was also declared a special non-working holiday a few days earlier. Proclamation No. 735 is for Angeles City, Pampanga, and it is made to remember the day that Mount Pinatubo erupted back in 1991.
It was also declared for General Santos City, and this is in order for its residents to commemorate its 51st Charter Anniversary.
- #WalangPasok: June 24, Monday – A special non-working holiday in Manila
- Maxene Magalona Gets a Haircut, Donates Hair For Cancer Patients
For more Walang Pasok updates, you may follow us on Facebook, and Twitter.