Manila, Philippines – March 14, 2020 — As part of McDonald’s Philippines’ continued commitment to safety and protection amidst the risk of COVID-19, the company ensures that your McDelivery is clean and safe through No-Touch delivery.
We are implementing No-Touch Deliveries in select areas and are stepping up our procedures to ensure cleanliness and safety— from our store, to our riders, and to your door.
From any McDonald’s store:
- Crew’s hands are properly sanitized in handling your food.
● The crew wash their hands properly before handling your orders.
● They also make sure that your order is complete and clean before putting it in the takeout bag.
- Takeout bags are safely sealed.
● Each takeout bag is sealed for safety with a note that says your delivery is a No-Touch Delivery.
- McDelivery backpacks are regularly sanitized.
● Before leaving the store, our riders and crew wash the backpacks to remove any dirt.
● Every 2 hours, our riders sanitize their backpacks and pouches.
To McDonald’s riders:
- Riders’ temperatures are checked and cleared.
● Before leaving the store, our guards check our riders’ temperatures. Only cleared riders get to deliver your orders.
- Riders’ hands are frequently washed.
● Before and after every delivery, our riders wash their hands. They are provided with rubbing alcohol in their belt bags for their regular use.
- Rider wear face masks.
● Our riders wear face masks every time they deliver.
To your door:
For No-Touch deliveries, you will receive your orders without direct contact from our riders. Here’s how:
Step 1: Rider will tell you he’s doing a No-Touch Delivery and ask you where he should place the McDelivery backpack.
Step 2: Rider will place the McDelivery backpack at your specified spot. Allow him to take 10 steps back.
Step 3: Open the McDelivery backpack. Take out your order and check if it’s complete.
Step 4: Get the pouch and pay. For cash payments, put your payment in the pouch. For online payments, sign the slip.
Step 5: Put the pouch back in the McDelivery backpack. Step back and let the rider know that he can now retrieve the McDelivery backpack.